Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/13 15:26:53 UTC

Re: SolrCloud limitations?

Just an addendum to Erick's answer: you can see also the possibility of
using different replica types like TLOG or PULL. It will depend on your use
case and performance requirements. See
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_7/shards-and-indexing-data-in-solrcloud.html

Best,
Edward

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:54 AM Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There’s no a-priori limit. 12 or 15 servers will be fine. As add more and
more replicas, there’s a little overhead at indexing time to get all the
docs distributed from the leader to all replicas.