Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/23 02:38:25 UTC

cTAKES 4.0rc3 - custom dictionary needs rebuilding?

I finally had some time this weekend to give 4.0.0rc3 a run. The install
and configuration instructions worked perfectly on my Linux laptop and I
was able to use CVD to run the clinical pipeline successfully against some
of the clinical notes I have here.

However, I ran into a problem when I tried running my own customized
pipeline that includes a custom dictionary that I create (to include the
SNOMED veterinary extension). I get an exception while it's loading that
the dictionary is not the correct version. So, I assume I just need to
recreate that custom database? Or is there a migration utility from the old
database version to the new version?

I don't remember seeing mention of this, but certainly could have missed
it. If it's not in the release notes or install/upgrade instructions it
probably should be there.

Thanks to everyone for pulling this release together and getting it out the
door!

- Dave

Re: cTAKES 4.0rc3 - custom dictionary needs rebuilding?

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.
I ended up just using the DictionaryCreator and recreating the dictionary,
so it's working now. I haven't looked at the section you added to the user
guide yet, but should have some time tonight to give it a go and test it.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted by James Masanz <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.
Sorry about this. Actually no, it's not working. I just created a new blank
database apparently in a new directory. Still having the original problem
trying to open the DB in HSQL GUI. Any ideas?

- Dave

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Masanz <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've added a section[1] to the User Install Guide describing how to convert
an HSQLDB from hsqldb 1.8 to 2.3.4 for cTAKES 4.0

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0+User+Install+Guide#cTAKES4.0UserInstallGuide-ConvertDictionariesYou'vePreviouslyCreatedtobeCompatiblewithcTAKES4.0