Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Murphy <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/14 13:51:10 UTC

tomcat 5 console not closing after executing shutdown.bat

Hi,

  tomcat versionfiltered=apache-tomcat-5.5.16
jdk version = java version 1.5.0_07

  I am having issues shutting down tomcat 5

  When I execute shutdown.bat the server stops and I can no longer deploy applications but the tomcat console stays open and tha java.exe process stays alive in the task manager.

  I also get an error message "INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime" in my console. However I feel this is unrelated to why the console is not disappearing as I googled and commented out a couple of things in my server.xml and the error mesage went away but unfortunatley the console window stays open and java.exe remains alive in the task manager.

This is what I commneted out in server.xml to get rid of the  Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime error.

<!-- disabled the listener to avoid the warning during shutdown.
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
-->

<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009
<Connector port="8009"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />
-->

  Does anyonw have any idea why the tomcat server shuts down but the console stays open?

  Help Appreciated

  Ed.