Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eyal Bar <ey...@kenshoo.com> on 2018/10/14 15:09:58 UTC

Installing a Cassandra cluster with multiple Linux OSs (Ubuntu+CentOS)

Hi all,

Did anyone installed a Cassandra cluster with mixed Linux OSs where some of
the nodes were ubuntu 12\14\16 and some of the nodes where CentOS7?

Will it work without issues?

*Rational*: We have a 40 servers cluster which was originally installed
only with Ubuntu servers. Now we want to move to CentOS 7 but the effort of
reinstalling the entire cluster + migration to CentOS 7 is not simple. So
we thought about adding new CentOS 7 nodes to the existing cluster and
gradually remove the Ubuntu ones.

Would love to read your thoughts.

Best,

--
Eyal Bar
Big Data Ops Team Lead | Data Platform and Monitoring  | Kenshoo

--
This e-mail, as well as any attached document, may contain material which
is confidential and privileged and may include trademark, copyright and

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Installing a Cassandra cluster with multiple Linux OSs (Ubuntu+CentOS)

Posted by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com>.
Agreed. I have run clusters with both RHEL5 and RHEL6 nodes.

Sean Durity
Should be fine, just get the java and kernel versions and kernel tuning params as close as possible

--
Jeff Jirsa

www.Kenshoo.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.kenshoo.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=MtgQEAMQGqekjTjiAhkudQ&r=aC_gxC6z_4f9GLlbWiKzHm1vucZTtVYWDDvyLkh8IaQ&m=LbNYh8vEDD6qnxjJDxsBOv5EaJnW5bqtZeReAlulx4I&s=lFwzDeR4pSFDOmSKAM7fi5ROvX5HIKEejdTZFSkqMmk&e=>
[Transform your marketing. Grow your business.]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.kenshoo.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=MtgQEAMQGqekjTjiAhkudQ&r=aC_gxC6z_4f9GLlbWiKzHm1vucZTtVYWDDvyLkh8IaQ&m=LbNYh8vEDD6qnxjJDxsBOv5EaJnW5bqtZeReAlulx4I&s=lFwzDeR4pSFDOmSKAM7fi5ROvX5HIKEejdTZFSkqMmk&e=>

This e-mail, as well as any attached document, may contain material which is confidential and privileged and may include trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights that are proprietary to Kenshoo Ltd,  its subsidiaries or affiliates ("Kenshoo"). This e-mail and its attachments may be read, copied and used only by the addressee for the purpose(s) for which it was disclosed herein. If you have received it in error, please destroy the message and any attachment, and contact us immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, reliance, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message without Kenshoo's express permission is strictly prohibited.

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.

Re: Installing a Cassandra cluster with multiple Linux OSs (Ubuntu+CentOS)

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.