Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 09:34:29 UTC

OFBiz development and high level stories/requirements WAS: Re: squareFootage with decimals

I would like to keep this conversation alive because I think it is an important one.
What do you think about the idea of creating and maintaining stories (*) that have to be referenced in commit logs (ideally each and every commit log should be associated to a story; the same story can be associated to several commit logs) as a way to focus the attention of the community around requirements behind commits?
I think it would be a valuable approach to enable the community interaction around requirements (instead of implementation as it is happening now) with the final goal of:
1) documenting the high level requirements (stories) available implemented by screens and artifacts in OFBiz
2) facilitate the participation in the growth of OFBiz of less technical contributors (e.g. analysts)

Jacopo

(*) An example of story could be the following one:
"Sales Orders are approved automatically when paid by credit card and CC authorization is successful.
Sales Orders are placed in Pending status approval after checkout then auto-approve once third-party payment processor (PayPal, GoogleCheckout, etc) sends notification.
Sales Orders are placed in Rejected status when authorization fails.
Once order is approved inventory is automatically reserved, reducing Available To Promise (ATP) quantity. If inventory is not available negative inventory reservations are created and the order is placed on back-order."

Company sends confirmation email to the Placing Customer."