Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/05 16:58:25 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.15.0.0 and UI [RC4]

LS,

After the last vote yesterday, it was decided we have a blocker. I created
a new release candidate today. We now have an RC4, The changes (other than
bundling) are only significant for ceph users.

We are voting for the new UI and the main code.

The candidate release branch is 4.15.0.0-RC20210105T1551. The UI is still
separate but as agreed upon before this will be merged in coming releases,
at least from a version management point of view.
I've created a 4.15.0.0 release candidate, with the following artifacts up
for a vote:Git Branches:
main code:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.15.0.0-RC20210105T1551
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.15.0.0-RC20201214T1124>
ui code:
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-primate.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0>
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-primate.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0
and Commit SH:
main code: 280c13a4bb103dd748ec304bfe0714a148c24602
ui code: e3b42103ae42b79f4db521c093881334f6a31dd8

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.15.0.0/ (rev. 45184)
PGP release keys (signed using 7975062401944786):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYSVote will be open
for (at least) 72 hours.For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members
please be sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

I will work with community members to provide convenience packaging over
the next few days.
The documentation repo will be updated as we move along.

--
Daan

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.15.0.0 and UI [RC4]

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

Here are the convenience packages build from 4.15.0.0-RC4 if you don't want to build CloudStack from the source artifacts:

Packages: (Debian, CentOS7, and CentOS8)
http://download.cloudstack.org/testing/4.15.0.0-rc4/

4.15 systemvmtemplate:
http://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.15/

Build from the master branch of https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation (if/after voting passes, we'll update and publish the docs):
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/master/upgrading/

Additional notes:
  *   The new UI is bundled within the cloudstack-management package and is shipped as the default UI served at <host:8080>/client, old UI will be served via <host:8080>/client/legacy. Most users don't need to do any separate installation or perform an installation step.
  *   We've added support for CentOS8 with 4.15 but CentOS8 will EOL in Dec 2021 (https://wiki.centos.org/About/Product).

Regards.

Regards.

________________________________

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.15.0.0 and UI [RC4]

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Nice job !
Thanks Daan and Rohit !

-Wei

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Heads up all - Looks like we've reached lazy consensus, if we don't get any blocker/reports 4.15.0.0 vote tally will be published next week and we'll start work towards release notes, website updates, community packages etc.

Regards.

________________________________
Tested basic VM/Storage/infra lifecycle operations and did not had any issues.

Thanks,
Bobby.

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.15.0.0 and UI [RC4]

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Environment:
- Apache CloudStack: Management server + DB (Ubuntu 18.04)
- Hosts: KVM (Ubuntu 18.04)
- Primary Storage: NFS, RBD, KVM Local
- Secondary Storage: NFS
- Zone Network: Advanced network + Security Groups
- Tests were performed on both Primate UI and legacy UI

* RC4 tests were related to Ceph:
1. upload a new template,
2. deploy a VM on RBD with the new template, ensuring it has been copied
from secondary storage to the Ceph pool
3. snapshot over RBD volume (both back-ups on secondary enabled or disabled)
4. migrate VM with RBD

* Tests executed on the previous RC
- Build 4.15.0.0 from source
- Upgrade from 4.13.1.0 to 4.15.0.0
- Deploy SystemVMs
- create user VMs on different primary storages (local, NFS, RBD)
- Live Migrate VMs (tested with local, NFS, and RBD)
- Put host in maintenance
- Remove/add host
- Add/remove primary storage (local and NFS)
- Add secondary storage (NFS)
- Deploy new Zone
- Register template
- Configure Service Offerings