Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/24 21:49:10 UTC

Status of Solr Ref Guide for 6.2

The vote for Lucene/Solr 6.2 has passed already, but the release
process for the Ref Guide has barely started.

I'm in an offsite meeting this week, and next week have another
project to focus on. Hoss is offline until early September. So...the 2
people who normally do the majority of the work to prepare and publish
the Ref Guide aren't available.

I've made a rather barebones TODO list, pulled only from the New
Features section of CHANGES (other sections should be reviewed also,
however. I won't really have time to do much more, and can't be the
Release Manager right now.

Essentially, if you care to have a 6.2 Ref Guide, I'm asking for
volunteers for any/all of the following:

- document the changes you committed
- help document changes someone else committed
- offer to be the RM and shepherd the publication process, which is
fully documented

If no one steps up to help get it published soon, it's going to be at
least a few weeks until I'll have time to devote much time on it.

Cassandra

Re: Status of Solr Ref Guide for 6.2

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joel. I appreciate you making those changes.

I've had a busier morning that I expected, so I'll review those
changes, fix up the Kerberos page with Ishan's feedback on SOLR-9200,
and hopefully get the RC out by this afternoon.

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cassandra,