Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Günther, Thorsten <Th...@medocino.de> on 2006/10/13 12:02:30 UTC

partialTriggers for a tr:table from inside this table?

Hi!

While using the new actions facet in tr:table I found that a partialTrigger for this table which worked while located outside the table does not work when placed inside the action facet.
Is this a bug or perhaps a missing feature? Is there a workaround, perhaps a way to reload the whole page in a valueChangeListener together with autoSubmit="true"?

Thanks,
Thorsten

Re: partialTriggers for a tr:table from inside this table?

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.
I had a similar problem using ADF Faces.  Not sure if it applies to Trinidad
or not but have a look here
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=428798.  I could not
get the partialTriggers to work on the table.  I had a selectOneChoice box
in the "actions" facet of the table.  I wanted the user to be able to select
the number of rows to display on the page.  Once selected, the table to
change to reflect this.  I had to do this during the valueChangeListener of
the selectOneChoice

AdfFacesContext.getCurrentInstance().addPartialTarget(getTable());
AdfFacesContext.getCurrentInstance().partialUpdateNotify(getTable());

getTable() gets an instance of the af:table.

To adapt this to Trinidad, use

RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().addPartialTarget(getTable());
RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().partialUpdateNotify(getTable());