Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com> on 2007/09/24 21:45:13 UTC

Compression

I am using AMQ 5.0 SNAPSHOT

I am testing compression with Text messages and have set
jms.useCompression=true in my producer's brokerURL.

tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useCompression=true

...and  ((ActiveMQConnection)conn).isUseCompression() always returns 'true'

However, when I turn on debug on the producer side, the 'sending message:'
trace statement shows that the 'compressed' message property is always set
to 'false'.

Should AMQ be compressing all messages produced, or is there a message size
under which it does not compress? I am sending 1k messages.

Thanks