Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Sion Yang <sc...@163.com> on 2019/11/13 01:57:32 UTC

[VOTE] Accept ShardingScaling Donation ROUND2

Dear Apache ShardingSphere Incubator Community ,

With the help and effort of our community, the previous issues were fixed already.
I am glad to invite everyone to start a vote on accepting ShardingScaling into the Apache Incubator as ShardingSphere's sub-project ROUND 2.

Discussion in ML
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/86697906488f964e40d6ac5f3c07bc26686294281e23f60bc6f8da29@%3Cdev.shardingsphere.apache.org%3E
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a1ef4b44abe8f11273983e69c12becda12302aee852f7569c99a34d1@%3Cdev.shardingsphere.apache.org%3E

Please accept the ShardingScaling podling into the Apache Incubator.

The proposal can be found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHARDINGSPHERE/ShardingScaling+Donation+Proposal
Here is the text of it:

## Abstract

ShardingScaling[1] is a simple scaling out component for Apache ShardingSphere Incubator[2].
It is designed to help users migrate data from origin database to ShardingSphere or scale out  ShardingSphere data node more easily.
It provides ability of migrant data, scaling out data nodes, etc.

## Proposal

The goal of this proposal is to bring the existing ShardingScaling codebase and existing developers and community into the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) as ShardingSphere's sub-project.
This project started in Open Source on Github nearly 2 months.
ShardingScaling is submitting this proposal to donate it to the Apache ShardingSphere Incubator under the Apache License, Version 2.0, in order to provide a visual management tool for ShardingSphere.
These artifacts are currently available on GitHub at [https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling](https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling).

## Background

ShardingSphere is an ecosystem of transparent distributed database middleware, focusing on data sharding, distributed transaction and database orchestration. It is also widely adopted by many companies and organizations as a solution to process their massive amounts of data.
But users have long lacked an easy-to-use way to migrate their data from origin database when they first started using ShardingSphere.
Moreover, users have also lacked easy-to-use ways to expand data nodes when they use ShardingSphere for a while.
So Wen OuYang created a scaling out component for ShardingSphere -- ShardingScaling.

## Current status

After we pushed ShardingScaling in Github in an open source way, many users and developers have shown strong intentions to this. Yi Yang, ZongLei Dong and ssxlulu have contributed many features and codes.
Current, ShardingScaling has implemented basic data migration and scaling out data nodes feature.

## Core developer

Wen OuYang is an experienced open source developer.
Yi Yang is an experienced open source developer and ShardingSphere PPMC.

## Donation source

Github repo: [https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling](https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling).

## Source and Intellectual Property Submission Plan

ShardingScaling was opened in Github on 18 Sep 2019. The project major contributors are Wen OuYang, Yi Yang.
Yi Yang is ShardingSphere's PPMC, ICLA are submitted.
Wen OuYang will sign ICLA and become Apache committer if vote be accepted after ShardingScaling is accepted into the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) as ShardingSphere's sub-project.

## External Dependencies

### Apache 2.0 licenses

- sharding-core-common 4.0.0-RC2: [https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere](https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere)
- snakeyaml 1.16: [https://bitbucket.org/asomov/snakeyaml/src/default](https://bitbucket.org/asomov/snakeyaml/src/default)
- guava 18.0: [https://github.com/google/guava](https://github.com/google/guava)
- netty-all 4.1.16.Final: [https://github.com/netty/netty](https://github.com/netty/netty)
- commons-dbcp2 2.7.0: [https://github.com/apache/commons-dbcp](https://github.com/apache/commons-dbcp)
- commons-cli 1.4: [https://github.com/apache/commons-cli](https://github.com/apache/commons-cli)
- log4j 1.2.17: [https://github.com/apache/log4j](https://github.com/apache/log4j)
- gson 2.8.6: [https://github.com/google/gson](https://github.com/google/gson)

### MIT licenses

- slf4j-api 1.7.28: [https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j](https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j)
- slf4j-log4j12 1.7.28: [https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j](https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j)
- lombok 1.18.4: [https://github.com/rzwitserloot/lombok](https://github.com/rzwitserloot/lombok)
- mockito-core 2.7.21(scope test): [https://github.com/mockito/mockito](https://github.com/mockito/mockito)
- mockito-inline 2.7.21(scope test): [https://github.com/mockito/mockito](https://github.com/mockito/mockito)

### EPL 1.0 licenses

- junit 4.12(scope test): [https://github.com/junit-team/junit4](https://github.com/junit-team/junit4)

### BSD License

- hamcrest-library 1.3(scope test): [https://github.com/hamcrest/JavaHamcrest](https://github.com/hamcrest/JavaHamcrest)

## Required Resources

### Git Repositories:

- [https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling.git](https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling.git)

## Initial Committers

- KomachiSion, 杨翊, Yi Yang, yangyi@apache.org
- avalon566, 欧阳文, Wen OuYang
- dongzl, 董宗磊, ZongLei Dong
- ssxlulu

Yi Yang is already PPMC of ShardingSphere.
Wen OuYang will become a committer of ShardingSphere if vote be accepted after donating.
ZongLei Dong and ssxlulu will be only contributors.

- [1] [https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling](https://github.com/avalon566/sharding-scaling)
- [2] [https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere](https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere)

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
 [ ] +1 approve
 [ ] +0 no opinion
 [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

--

Yi Yang(Sion)
Apache ShardingSphere

Re:[VOTE] Accept ShardingScaling Donation ROUND2

Posted by Sion Yang <sc...@163.com>.
Dear Apache ShardingSphere Incubator Community ,72 hours has passed and the vote to Accept ShardingScaling Donation has passed.

7 PPMC member +1 votes:

Willem Jiang (mentor)
Sheng Wu
Zhang Yonglun
Liang Zhang
Juan Pan
Zhao Jun
Chen QingYang

3 community +1 vote:

Ya Li (committer)
sunbufu (committer)
Zonglei Dong

No 0 or -1 votes

Thank you everyone for taking the time to review the proposal and help us.

--

Yi Yang(Sion)
Apache ShardingSphere

在 2019-11-16 22:11:53,"Zonglei Dong" <59...@qq.com> 写道:

Posted by Zonglei Dong <59...@qq.com>.
That sounds great.

+1

Zonglei Dong
Apache ShardingSphere

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Sound great +1

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere

Posted by Chen QingYang <ch...@apache.org>.
+1

sunbufu <su...@apache.org> 于2019年11月13日周三 下午2:41写道:

--
Chen QingYang

回复:[VOTE] Accept ShardingScaling Donation ROUND2

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)