Posted to users@camel.apache.org by A577127 <an...@worldline.com> on 2014/06/24 09:45:49 UTC

Camel-hbase : scan operation

Hello everybody,

I'm new to camel. I'm using the  camel-hbase component
<http://camel.apache.org/hbase.html>   and would like to perform a scan
operation and get multiple rows with the producer. However I didn't find a
way to do that with camel-hbase.

If I create a route this way :

I don't get anything in the output message (empty header, empty body).

I tryed to add a CamelHBaseFamily and CamelHBaseQualifier value in the input
header (the request should give the list of values from the column
family:qualifier I choosed), however I only got 1 of the values of the list
in the header. The body is always empty.

I took a look at the source code of camel-hbase and what I got seems to be
logical. Am I doing something wrong ? Did I miss something ?

Then I looked at the camel-mongodb component to check if there was the same
problem. In its producer  MongoDbProducer
<https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-mongodb/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/mongodb/MongoDbProducer.java>
, for a "findAll" request, it puts the results as an array in the body of
the message :

But I didn't find anything similar in camel-hbase.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Camel-hbase : scan operation

Posted by A577127 <an...@worldline.com>.
Ok, I found the answer to my question.

For people that might be asking the same, if there are multiple results, the
header of the output message will contain all of them in its header with
number suffixes (like CamelHBaseValue, CamelHBaseValue2,
CamelHBaseValue3...).