Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2003/01/23 11:52:36 UTC

FW: email question

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Richard Han [mailto:richard.han@shaw.ca]
  Sent: 23 January 2003 04:14
  To: danny@apache.org
  Subject: RE: email question

  I am trying to use James (2.1) to test an application I am working on. I
don't have a DNS server on my W2K machine at home so I editted the hosts
file such as:
           127.0.0.1       localhost
           127.0.0.1        house.com

  when my app send emails to seller@house.com, The following message is from
james/logs/smtpserver.log
  ---------
  Successfully spooled mail from seller@house.com for [seller@house.com]
  I have set the outlook express the smtp/pop3 servers to localhost, and I
have added the user 'seller' thru RemoteManager, and created an accout in
Outlook express with the email address of seller@house.com, but I can't
receive the email by Outlook express sent from my app!

  Could anybody kindly tell me what I have done wrong? Any help would be
much appreciated!

  Richard