Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/05 03:21:42 UTC

Re: portlet session and http session

Following was the exact line that I removed.

<%@ page session="false" %>

And after that I didn't get that error anymore.

I dont know if yours is the same problem, but the exception looks like the
same that I had so ...

Amit

From: Hema Menon <me...@gmail.com>
To: Jetspeed Developers List <je...@jakarta.apache.org>, Derek Shen
<de...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:41:24 -0500

What exception are you getting with JSTL? There has been some
discussions here regarding evaluating expressions in jstl, refer to
this thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg15585.html

Hema

On Apr 4, 2005 4:37 PM, Derek Shen <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
 > Talking to myself again.
 >
 > Looks like the problem is with the combination of JSTL and portlet
session.

 > <c:out value="${sessionScope.test}"/> throws the exception, and
 > <%= request.getSession().getAttribute("test") %> is fine.
 >
 > and the attribute I set inside portlet sessio is available in the http
 > session on JSP.
 >
 > It is ugly if I am not able to use JSTL with JSP and portlet.
 >
 > On Apr 4, 2005 2:03 PM, Derek Shen <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
 > > Did not get response from the pluto mailing list.
 > >
 > > I tried it on the latest tomcat (5.5.7) just now and still have the
 > > same problem. Has anyone seen this exception before?
 > >
 > > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot access session scope in page
that does
 > > ot participate in any session
 > >       at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doGetAttribute(PageContext

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=pluto-dev@portals.apache.org&msgId=2101721

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=pluto-dev@portals.apache.org&msgId=2101707

 > > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO-53
 > >
 > > Some people said that it has been resolved by tomcat and some others
 > > claimed that it is only working on Jetty and not tomcat. I am totally
 > > confused. It seems a very trivial problem. What I am trying to achieve
 > > is so simple:
 > >
 > > Inside the GenericPortlet doView, populate some data and put into the
 > > PortletSession (eithe portlet scope or application scope), and
 > > dispatch (include) to a JSP within the same webapp. On the JSP, JSTL
 > > is used to retrieve and present the data from session
 > > (${sessionScope...).
 > >
 > > Everytime I run my portlet, I gives me this:
 > >
 > > 14:27:08,880 ERROR StandardWrapper[/portlet:jsp]:727 -
Servlet.service() for se
 > > vlet jsp threw exception
 > > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot access session scope in page
that does
 > > ot participate in any session
 > >       at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doGetAttribute(PageContext
 > > mpl.java:264)
 > >       at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.getAttribute(PageContextIm
 > > l.java:249)
 > >       at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.lang.jstl.ImplicitObjects$3.getValue(Imp

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/wholder/archive/2005/02/session_session.html