Posted to users@maven.apache.org by co...@localkinegrinds.com on 2006/02/03 00:59:25 UTC

Deploying Pom w/ Dependencies to Remote Repository

Here's my situation... I've setup an internal proxy where everyone
internal to our organization can download from.  Some of our projects
depend on the JWSDP packages, and for example, if you're using the
JAX-RPC Sun libraries, there's about 10 other libraries it depends on.
I want to be able to just deploy this pom to the internal repository...

<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
   <artifactId>jaxrpc</artifactId>
   <version>1.1.3</version>
   <name>JAXRPC Package</name>
   <description>
     Part of the Java Web Services Developer Pack 2.0
   </description>
   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
       <artifactId>jaxrpc-api</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.3</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
       <artifactId>jaxrpc-impl</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.3</version>
     </dependency>

This way, developers can just add the following dependency to their
project and get all the jaxrpc libraries.

     <dependency>
       <groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
       <artifactId>jaxrpc</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.3</version>
     </dependency>

However, I haven't found a way to use deploy:deploy-file to just deploy
the Pom w/ Dependencies into the internal repository.  Can someone lend
some insight into a possible solution.  I'm trying to avoid just
copying the structure into the internal repository and I was wondering
if the deploy plugin could do something for me.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Deploying Pom w/ Dependencies to Remote Repository

Posted by co...@localkinegrinds.com.
Heya,

This is the behavior I've experienced when changing the packaging to
pom.  Whenever the packaging is changed to pom, this is the pom file
that gets uploaded into the internal repository.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
  <artifactId>jaxrpc</artifactId>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <version>1.3</version>
  <description>POM was created from deploy:deploy-file</description>
  <distributionManagement>
    <status>deployed</status>
  </distributionManagement>
</project>

So, the pom doesn't contain the necessary dependencies.  If I add the
parameter -pomFile and specify the pom file, the right pom file gets
deployed, but then a jar also gets created.  I'm wondering if I'm
overlooking something really simple here. :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi there,