Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org> on 2016/11/15 15:03:38 UTC

DTCC and FS-ISAC Announce Soltra Wind Down

News that will be relevant to many Metron users.

http://soltra.com/en/articles/soltra-wind-down/

Re: DTCC and FS-ISAC Announce Soltra Wind Down

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
Further news on Soltra, for those that missed it.

(1) Soltra's assets have been sold to NC4.

*A Message from Ron Jordan, DTCC Managing Director and Head of Data
Services,and Bill Nelson, FS-ISAC President & CEO*

We are writing to inform you that NC4 <http://nc4.com/Pages/default.aspx>,
a wholly owned subsidiary of The ESP Group that delivers safety and
security solutions to government and businesses to reduce cyber threats,
has acquired the assets of Soltra, including the Soltra Edge software
product. We recognize this news is surprising to you considering we
announced plans on November 15 to wind down the business. We are very
excited that NC4 expressed interest last week to acquire the assets of
Soltra, which will permit clients to continue using the Soltra Edge
software and services through NC4.

DTCC and FS-ISAC are confident that integrating Soltra’s capabilities into
NC4’s suite of cyber services will create a more holistic solution,
delivering greater long-term value to users of the software. Soltra has
played an important role in galvanizing support for and facilitating
information sharing among financial institutions and across critical
sectors, and we believe the sale of Soltra’s assets will further enable
these efforts in the future. As a result of this transaction, FS-ISAC will
continue offering and supporting its cyber threat intelligence feed to
members via the repository now residing on the Soltra Edge platform.

NC4 will contact Soltra users with more details about their plans. We want
to again thank the Soltra community for its support. If you have questions
regarding this announcement, please contact support@soltra.com and we will
do our best to answer questions as resources allow.

(2) NC4's press release; http://nc4.com/Pages/Soltra.aspx

--
Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>

Re: DTCC and FS-ISAC Announce Soltra Wind Down

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.
I would guess the majority of users aren’t specifically financial industry, and therefore not in their desired sweet spot for whom to provide services to on a non-profit basis.  Hopefully they will do a proper job of putting it into OSS.

Someone from Apache should perhaps suggest to them that they put it under the Apache License rather than GNU.  They are unlikely to revisit whatever they decide.

--Matt

From: "Striley, Jonathon" <Jo...@capitalone.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 10:51 AM
To: "user@metron.incubator.apache.org" <us...@metron.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: DTCC and FS-ISAC Announce Soltra Wind Down

I think the motivation is financial.  Soltra announced a few weeks ago that new versions would only be made available to paid subscribers.  I assume that they didn’t get the number of subscriptions they had hoped for in the interim.

Jonathon Striley

From: James Sirota <js...@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 1:45 PM
To: "user@metron.incubator.apache.org" <us...@metron.incubator.apache.org>

Does anyone know why they are doing this?

15.11.2016, 08:03, "Nick Allen" <ni...@nickallen.org>:

News that will be relevant to many Metron users.

http://soltra.com/en/articles/soltra-wind-down/

Thank you,

James Sirota

PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)

jsirota AT apache DOT org

Re: DTCC and FS-ISAC Announce Soltra Wind Down

Posted by "Striley, Jonathon" <Jo...@capitalone.com>.