Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sullivan, Sean C - MLG" <Su...@menlolog.com> on 2002/10/23 23:43:06 UTC

IBM Websphere 4.0.4, Struts 1.1b2, "Cannot find message resources under key"

I am using:

  IBM Websphere 4.0.4 on Windows 2000
  Jakarta Struts 1.1b2

I deployed struts-example.war in Websphere.

Deployment appears to have succeeded.

I am trying to view the application using this
  http://localhost:80/struts-example/index.jsp

This error appears in the web browser:

  Error 500: Cannot find message resources under
  key    org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

What is the cause of this error?

Is it possible that this error is due to the fact
that IBM's Websphere Admin Console uses an old version
of struts.jar ?

I thought that struts-example.war would have no problem
because struts-example.war file contains struts.jar in the WEB-INF/lib
directory.

Perhaps I will double-check Websphere's classloader configuration options.

Cheers,

-Sean