Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com> on 2015/07/01 11:26:40 UTC

Re: "webinar" room

Dear Maxim,

It will be really useful for our employees and partners as well.

Is there anything we could provide to help you release this "Webinar
Room" feature  in 3.0.7 ?

Susheel Jalali

Coscend Communications Solutions

_
Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

Re: "webinar" room
From:
df8oe@gmx.de
Date:
06/30/15 23:26

To:
user@openmeetings.apache.org

OK - I see the build-on-demand....

I know of course*everything*  is important.

For me openmeetings now is a "nice toy" and it works stable and good
but I cannot use it for my purposes because I have only scenario:

- one or two "teachers" share video and audio to a big audience
- the audience can share their audio if they have questions, remarks and so on
- teacher and the others recognize this and can react

If teacher can manually give one or some people of the audience permission
to share their video, too this will be VERY VERY useful - but not absolutely
neccessary for using openmeetings (for me).

I have checked out alternatives but I want to wait and use OM because its
philosophy and software realization is the way I like it

Many thanks
Andreas

Am Dienstag, 30. Juni 2015, 23:22:34 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik:

> This mean that will try to address this in the next minor release but not
> 100% sure
> You can get builds here
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/Openmeetings%203.0.x/
> it is not nightly, but on-demand

user_12137.eml

Re: "webinar" room
From:
Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
Date:
06/30/15 23:29

To:
Openmeetings user-list <us...@openmeetings.apache.org>

I can set to be build on nightly basis, but currently see no need for
this, if any user asks for the build I can push the button, otherwise we
build it for internal testing :)

We will try to address this issue, the delay was caused by our 3.1.0
branch, we were planned to speed up 3.1.0 development, but unfortunately
it is not the case :(

Re: "webinar" room

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Susheel,

A good way to speed things up is to contribute. Not only will it ease the
burden of the other contributors (both without and with privileges), but it
will also help in growing the community. The larger the community, the
greater the adoption, the sooner bugs and improvement will get into
released products. But all is interlinked. ;-)

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: "webinar" room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
you can "sponsor" it using our commercial support
This is the only way you can speed up things :(((((

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Susheel Jalali <

WBR
Maxim aka solomax