Posted to npanday-users@incubator.apache.org by Eric Kolotyluk <er...@kolotyluk.net> on 2011/09/17 18:29:20 UTC

Wildcard includeSource

Is there some way to wildCard the <includeSource> element? I have a
project in which the source is generated by another phase in another
project in Maven, so there are source files being added and deleted all
the time. It is really not convenient to have to itemize ever source
file in the <configuration> element, but I noticed that if I don't the
sources do not get compiled.

I cannot seem to find any documentation on the <includedSources> and
<includedSource> elements.

On the other hand, maven-compile-plugin seems to know to copy all the
sources found to the target directory anyway, but only the ones in the
<includedSources> element actually get compiled.

As an aside, why is it named maven-compile-plugin instead of
maven-compiler-plugin like for Java?

<build>
<sourceDirectory>./</sourceDirectory>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.npanday.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-compile-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.4.0-incubating</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<frameworkVersion>4.0</frameworkVersion>
<includeSources>
<includeSource>Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs</includeSource>
<includeSource>src\main\csharp\com\kodak\intersystem\common\Intersystem.generated.cs</includeSource>
<includeSource>src\main\csharp\com\kodak\intersystem\service\Service.generated.cs</includeSource>
</includeSources>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

Re: Wildcard includeSource

Posted by Eric Kolotyluk <er...@gmail.com>.
Fair enough - that makes sense to me :-)

Cheers, Eric

Re: Wildcard includeSource

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: Wildcard includeSource

Posted by Eric Kolotyluk <er...@gmail.com>.
OK, omitting the <includedSources> element seems to work best for now.

I voted for the bug fix.

Thanks, Eric

Re: Wildcard includeSource

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.