Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Rakesh Reddy <rr...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/13 20:58:59 UTC

Personalization of Search Results

Hiya Folks,

I am thinking of writing a plugin that will offer personalized search
results. I am thinking of personalizing the search results based on the user
search history. I was looking at the code and I am confused how to go about
it. I need to be able to change the relevance scores that are calculated to
be able to boost certain results. Could someone give me some pointers about
the same?
Also, I do not plan to change the query string given to nutch/lucene but
just be able to have an influence on the relevance scores calculated for the
given query. If you have any suggestions, I will be happy to include them as
well. I will shortly create an issue on JIRA about the same once I have
fully understood the various aspects and publish my code eventually.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Rakesh