Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/21 11:00:31 UTC

Transfering resources from incubator to TLP

Now that we are a top level project we need to transfer our project
resources to our new home.

This thread is used to make an inventory of things that need to be
moved. I'll monitor the thread using the following issue:
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-675

Please see the graduation guide for more check lists
(http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#transfer)

>From the top of my head:

- mailinglists:
     wicket-dev@incubator -> develop@wicket.apache.org
     wicket-user@lists.sf.net -> user@wicket.apache.org
     wicket-announce@lists.sf.net -> announce@wicket.apache.org
     wicket-commits@incubator -> commit@wicket.apache.org
     wicket-builds@lists.sf.net -> remove?

- domains:
     wicketframework.org -> point to wicket.apache.org
     wicket-framework.org -> point to wicket.apache.org
     transfer ownership to Apache Software Foundation

- sites:
     wicket.sf.net/wicketframework.org -> .htaccess redirect to apache server?
     incubator.apache.org/wicket -> wicket.apache.org

- Jira: can stay as is, need to change the url in settings (now points
to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wicket)

- Confluence: can stay as is, docs need updating for new TLP

- Syncronization scripts need updating

- subversion need to be moved from repos/asf/incubator/wicket to
repos/asf/wicket
- pom needs updating
- docs need updating to reflect the move

What am I forgetting?

Martijn

--
BREAKING NEWS: Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!

Re: Transfering resources from incubator to TLP

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
The real power would be having commit rights on the normal repository!!
i could think of some delete commands for specific projects :)

"Apache Wicket, The only webframework around"

johan

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And there's lots of stuff we need to do as well.

Such as http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-691

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 6/21/07, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> > Now that we are a top level project we need to transfer our project
> > resources to our new home.
> >
> > This thread is used to make an inventory of things that need to be
> > moved. I'll monitor the thread using the following issue:
> >    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-675
>
> You'll need to create an INFRA- ticket. Why not monitor it there, thus
> you're sharing the ticket with the folks doing the work?

I know, but I wanted to get the list completed and consolidated into
one ticket for infra. And there's lots of stuff we need to do as well.

Martijn

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

 From looking at most ASF user lists, they tend to use users@ not user@

> - domains:
>     wicketframework.org -> point to wicket.apache.org
>     wicket-framework.org -> point to wicket.apache.org

yep.

>     transfer ownership to Apache Software Foundation

Yep. Put that to the end of the list - it might take a little work.

> - sites:
>     wicket.sf.net/wicketframework.org -> .htaccess redirect to apache
> server?

yep. or a page saying we have moved. click here...

>     incubator.apache.org/wicket -> wicket.apache.org

yep, or a page saying we have graduated, click here.

> - Jira: can stay as is, need to change the url in settings (now points
> to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wicket)
>
> - Confluence: can stay as is, docs need updating for new TLP
>
> - Syncronization scripts need updating
>
> - subversion need to be moved from repos/asf/incubator/wicket to
> repos/asf/wicket
> - pom needs updating
> - docs need updating to reflect the move

Looks good.

> What am I forgetting?

  - Stop using IRC, because it is frowned upon in ASF circles

Seems like you've got most things. Which is reasonable seeing as likely
you nicked this all from your own graduation guide :-)

Regards, Upayavira (who is joking in just one line above...)