Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by William Webber <we...@williamwebber.com> on 2002/07/15 09:46:22 UTC

Shouldn't HTTPSampler disconnect?

I noticed that around 10 jmeter request threads would
generate over 75 tomcat http protocol processor threads, and
looking at the source indicates that the reason is that
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler does not
call disconnect() on the HttpURLConnection itself, but only
on its input and output streams (which is not the same
thing).  So Tomcat's processor threads hang around until the
socket times out.

I'm guessing this is a bug.  It seems to me that
conn.disconnect() should be called in a finally clause at
the end of HTTPSampler.sample() (and I guess the same method
in HTTPSamplerFull).  At least this made the problem go away
for me.

William