Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2019/08/14 17:49:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] The second release candidate for hbase-2.0.6 is up and available for download

(Please note, 2.0.6 will be the last release off branch-2.0. Branch-2.0
is going EOL)

Please vote on this Apache HBase release candidate (RC), 2.0.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.0.6

The tag to be voted on is 2.0.6RC1:

 https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.0.6RC1

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.0.6RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1330/

Artifacts were signed with the stack@duboce.net key which can be found in:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] The second release candidate for hbase-2.0.6 is up and available for download

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

-- API compatibility report - Looks good (reported removed methods have
been moved new super class so ok)
-- Signatures and checksum - OK
-- Ran rat check - success
-- build from source - success
-- Basic shell commands - Ok
-- UI - Ok (fine with bin.tar.gz but when I start a cluster after building
the source, /tablesDetailed.jsp, /processRS.jsp .. didn't work for me,
"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.el.ExpressionFactory.newInstance()Ljavax/el/ExpressionFactory", not
sure where javax-el and jsp-api are conflicting, could be an environment
issue)
-- LICENSE - OK
-- NOTICE have some minor issues like. Raised HBASE-22868 for the same
     - Copyright 2007-${copyright-end-year} The Apache Software Foundation
     - For source see '
http://commons.apache.org/${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}/commons-configuration
'.
     -  For source see '${dep.url}'.

Regards,
Ankit Singhal

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

The HBASE-22874 don't affect the 2.0.6, so it should be OK now.
The vote result here under my host are:
        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_202): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_202): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_202): ok
         - mvn test -P runAllTests
So give my +1.
Thanks.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] The second release candidate for hbase-2.0.6 is up and available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
With 6 +1s and at least 4 binding, the vote passes.

(As Ankit Singhal points out over on the 2.2.x RC thread, branch-2.0 does
not have HBASE-22874 in it so is immune to the ongoing discussion around
Canary API annotations.)

Thanks to all who voted. Let me push out the release.

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
+1

Questionable:
* Compatibility report: Should be fine? There are some compatibility issues
reported with MultiRowRangeFilter bit it doesn't seem to be an issue for
me. This was already released with 2.1.5.

* Signature, checksum: ok
* Rat check: ok
* Unit tests: ok (some mapreduce tests failed, no issues after rerun)
* Release notes, changes: ok
* LTT 1M rows: ok
* Basic shell commands in standalone mode: ok

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Fixed subject. See below.