Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> on 2022/07/05 07:10:26 UTC

[ DISCUSS ] Pre-Attic banner in the project website

Hi All,

Just to get better attention to all the users,can we’ve pre-attic banner on
the project website? This helps users to evaluate and think the
alternatives.

 I know we are publishing mails there might chance that users ignore or
might not follow through.

Any thoughts on this ??

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [ DISCUSS ] Pre-Attic banner in the project website

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
it's an incubator project, not a TLP, so it's more for Incubator than for
Attic

but yes, the idea of putting a "help needed or project will close" banner on
website could be useful for these Incubator projects

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 at 09:30, Herve Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> wrote:

> you're right: it's up to the project
>
> but the easy to add banner solution that does not require to update site source is really a great asset to have a temporary banner: if we could document how to do such an easy banner for projects to be able o implement it locally without our intervention, it would be great

A solution that does not involve editing the site source requires
changes to the TLP web server behaviour.
That would involve getting agreement from Infra, as was done for the
Attic solution.

Someone may be able to put together a use case for adding a
customisable banner to website displays, and persuade Infra to support
and maybe even develop it.
If the proposal has sufficiently broad applicability they may well go for it.

But such work has nothing to do with Attic, except insofar as a
specific solution has been developed for the particular problem Attic
faces with every retirement.

> I confirm that having us involved is not ideal

Attic is not involved at all.

Posted by Herve Boutemy <hb...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.