Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fiel Cabral <un...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/07 07:22:57 UTC

JNDI lookup fails inside HTTP 1.1 Connector socket factory

I'm writing a socket factory class for the catalina http
1.1 connector and I need to be able to do:

Context ctx = (Context)
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env");

However, this code raises a NamingException:

"java:" is not bound in this context.

The exception occurs while inside Catalina.start in
server.initialize, deep inside the http1.1 connector where
my socket factory is instantiated.

Is it possible to lookup resources in server.xml from
within a Connector or a socket factory for a connector?

I'm trying to lookup a resource. I've tried looking up the
resource name without "java:comp/env" but that failed. I've
also tried placing my resource inside a
GlobalNamingResources but that failed.

-Fiel