Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bwolen Yang <wb...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/09 02:21:41 UTC

Incompatible namespaceIDs

Hi.

Upgrading from 0.12.3 to 0.13 seems to work fine.  (at least the
before and after "fsck "and "dfs -lsr" outputs matches).

Then I shut down the DFS cluster, and reformat the DFS (to start a new
round of performance test).   The datanodes all have the following
exception.

  2007-06-08 17:13:27,985 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode:
java.io.IOExceptio
n: Incompatible namespaceIDs in /mnt/hadoop/bwolen/dfs/data: namenode
namespaceID = 1399119814; datanode namespaceID = -1646824738

I'll blow away these directories and start from scratch.  Just thought
to let you know.

bwolen

Re: Incompatible namespaceIDs

Posted by Bwolen Yang <wb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  I should have checked Jira first.  sorry.

bwolen

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
This is a known issue:

Posted by Bwolen Yang <wb...@gmail.com>.