Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 21:20:39 UTC

hadoop 2.0 upgrade to 2.4

Hi All,

I currently have a hadoop 2.0 cluster in production, I want to upgrade to
latest release.

current version:
[root@doop1 ~]# hadoop version
Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.6.0

Cluster has the following services:
hbase
hive
hue
impala
mapreduce
oozie
sqoop
zookeeper

can someone point me to a howto upgrade hadoop from 2.0 to hadoop 2.4.0?

Thanks in advance,

Re: hadoop 2.0 upgrade to 2.4

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Motty,

https://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH5/latest/CDH5-Installation-Guide/CDH5-Installation-Guide.html

provides instructions to upgrade from CDH4 to CDH5 (which bundles Hadoop
2.3.0).

If you intention is to use CDH5 that should help you. If you have further
questions about it, the right alias to use is cdh-user@cloudera.org

If your intention is to use Apache Hadoop 2.4.0, some of CDH documentation
above may still be relevant.

Thanks.

--
Alejandro