Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by masionas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/07 19:07:13 UTC

ofbiz.rc running ofbiz on linux as a service

Hi Guys,

I am having some issues on getting working ofbiz as a service. Followed the
setup guide and it did not work. The problem is that a call to
/etc/init.d/ofbiz returns "access denied" error when is called by root
user.

Here is the original code from "ofbiz.rc" script:

# If root is running this script, su to $OFBIZ_USER first
if [ "$UID" = "0" ]; then
exec su - $OFBIZ_USER -c "$0 $1"
fi

ANd what I have changed was change "$0" to an absolute path of
"/etc/init.d/ofbiz" because otherwise it gave a "no such file error". So now
it looks like:

# If root is running this script, su to $OFBIZ_USER first
if [ "$UID" = "0" ]; then
exec su - $OFBIZ_USER -c "/etc/init.d/ofbiz $1"
fi

it founds the service file but gives permission error.

Anyone faced this problem?

Re: ofbiz.rc running ofbiz on linux as a service

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Posted by masionas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hans,

The file has -rwxr-xr-x permissions, basically like others services under
/etc/init.d/ and ownership of "root:root". I changed ownership to
"ofbiz:ofbiz" it did not help - same thing.

Re: ofbiz.rc running ofbiz on linux as a service

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
make the file  executable? Has the user 'ofbiz' permission to run it?

Regards,
Hans Bakker
Antwebsystems.com

Posted by masionas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

I am on Fedora Linux 15.

Re: ofbiz.rc running ofbiz on linux as a service

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
What kind of kind of system are you trying to achieve this? Ubuntu? RedHat? Other?