Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/01/14 01:47:03 UTC

browser inconsistencies - calling CSS experts

I am going to paraphrase a conversation that i heard
recently on IRC, discussing the usability of the
current Forrest website.

"can't even view it with FireFox ... more-or-less works
in FF for me ... perhaps designed for IE ... the search box
is all over the place ... fonts are unreadable ... the
font-size twiddlers don't work ... ? all looks fine to me ... ".

Why are people seeing these inconsistencies.

Calling all CSS experts in our midst. We need your patches.

--David

Re: browser inconsistencies - calling CSS experts

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> I know that with Mac IE the pelt skin is screwed. I tested with Safari
> as well and it is fine.
>
> Other browser (on linux/windows) I have been tested pelt with have been
> IE >5, FireFox >0.8, Mozilla, Epiphany and Konqueror.
>
> All have been fine.

Well, i thought that you would have. It is fine for me with old
Mozilla on Linux and Safari on Mac.

If no-one reports specific issues, then there is not much that
we can do. Still it is disheartening to head people express such
things about our website.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: browser inconsistencies - calling CSS experts

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
see FOR-419 for a screenshot of MSIE:
fonts are way too small ...
in firefox it displays fine.
Johannes

David Crossley wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>

>>>I am going to paraphrase a conversation that i heard
>>>recently on IRC, discussing the usability of the
>>>current Forrest website.
>>>
>>>"can't even view it with FireFox ... more-or-less works
>>>in FF for me ... perhaps designed for IE ... the search box
>>>is all over the place ... fonts are unreadable ... the
>>>font-size twiddlers don't work ... ? all looks fine to me ... ".
>>>
>>>Why are people seeing these inconsistencies.
>>>
>>>Calling all CSS experts in our midst. We need your patches.
>>>
>>>--David
>>
>>I am using firefox 1.0/debian and it works for me.
>>
>>I am checked using this and repors no warnings or errors:
>>http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A//forrest.apache.org/
>>
>>Which skin is talking about?
>

> Our own forrest website ... the pelt skin.
>
> --David

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de

Re: browser inconsistencies - calling CSS experts

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.