Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Sanjay Bhatia <sb...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/05 03:36:44 UTC

Trouble with running the examples (JDK 1.2.2 on Linux)

Hi,
	I'm having some trouble running the xerces 1.3.0 examples in my environment
(JDK 1.2.2 on Linux 2.4.2) and would appreciate some help.

My CLASSPATH env. variable is set to:
/usr/local/xerces/xerces.jar:/usr/local/xerces/xercesSamples.java:

When I run
java -cp /usr/local/xerces/xerces.jar:/usr/local/xerces/xercesSamples.jar
sax.SAXCount data/personal.xml

from /usr/local/xerces, I get the expected output.

The docs. say I should be able to run the example as follows :

java sax.SAXCount data/personal.xml

which in my case results in an exception as follows :
ExcException in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sax/SAXCount

I looked for docs. on this, but didn't find anything.

Can someone please help figure out what's going on?

Thanks,
sb

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/