Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/02/28 03:09:34 UTC

XML-RPC 1.2 beta 1 release announcements

OK, we will need to announce the release in several places at once:

general@ws.apache.org , more?
2. ws.apache.org news page: http://ws.apache.org/news.html
3. xml.apache.org?  Open for comment here
4. jakarta.apache.org?  Again, comments
5. freshmeat?  Jason Van Zyl owns the project there:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/apachexmlrpc/
6. http://www.xmlrpc.com/news .  At the very least, the link to our
project there should be updated to reflect the new URL.  Perhaps a
release announcement should wait for stable releases?
7. www.xml.com XML-RPC page: http://www.xml.com/pub/rg/XML_RPC again, it
may be better to wait for a stable release
8. Other news sites: http://www.xmleverywhere.com/
http://www.xmlhack.com/ http://www.xml.org/ etc.
9. Usenet?  not sure where

As this is the first project I've been involved with at this level, I am
not sure how this process is usually handled.  Is there some standard
way people coordinate release announcements?  Does Maven do anything
like this already?

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks