Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/15 17:29:54 UTC

Error while starting

Hi all,

In the latest trunk of accumulo, I'm getting following error while trying
to start. This is in the Tablet server log. May be I'm missing a
configuration?

2013-04-15 11:03:54,166 [client.ClientServiceHandler] ERROR:
ThriftSecurityException(user:root, code:BAD_CREDENTIALS)

Thanks,
Supun..

Re: Error while starting

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
Is there a stack trace associated with it? Is the cluster functional
besides the exception? If so, then it sounds like the trace user needs to
be reconfigured.

Re: Error while starting

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

--
Supun Kamburugamuva

Re: Error while starting

Posted by John Vines <jv...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error while starting

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
Check your trace.user and trace.password.  The defaults are "root" and
"secret".  If you are using a different password for root, then you need to
change the value in accumulo-site.xml.

-Eric

Re: Error while starting

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

--
Supun Kamburugamuva

Re: Error while starting

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David. I'll try to follow the script as well.

Supun..

Re: Error while starting

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
Can you check the script at

Re: Error while starting

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
accumulo init should be creating /accumulo in HDFS. If it's being
created in your local filesystem, you may have HDFS misconfigured. You
may be running Hadoop in "local" or "standalone" mode, instead of
pseudo-distributed mode:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/single_node_setup.html

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Re: Error while starting

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think my HDFS is not configured correctly. Thank you all for the
great help.

Supun..

Re: Error while starting

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.