Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Timo Nentwig <ti...@toptarif.de> on 2011/04/27 15:40:54 UTC

suggestion: sstable2json to ignore TTL

Hi!

What about a simple option for sstable2json to not print out expiration TTL+LocalDeletionTime (maybe even ignore isMarkedForDelete)? I want to move old data from a live cluster (with TTL) to an archive cluster (->data does not expire there).

BTW is there a smarter way to do this? Actually I'd like to dump only new data (i.e. data after a certain timestamp).

Re: suggestion: sstable2json to ignore TTL

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Click on Submit Patch then it should get noticed as the committers go through the patch list. And / Or update the comments to get it back into the activity stream

If you need a hand with updating the 0.8 patch let me know.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by Timo Nentwig <ti...@toptarif.de>.

Posted by Timo Nentwig <ti...@toptarif.de>.

So, here it is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2582

Re: suggestion: sstable2json to ignore TTL

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timo Nentwig <ti...@toptarif.de>.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timo Nentwig <ti...@toptarif.de>.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Timo Nentwig <ti...@toptarif.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What about a simple option for sstable2json to not print out expiration TTL+LocalDeletionTime (maybe even ignore isMarkedForDelete)? I want to move old data from a live cluster (with TTL) to an archive cluster (->data does not expire there).
>
> BTW is there a smarter way to do this? Actually I'd like to dump only new data (i.e. data after a certain timestamp).

Hacking a separate copy of SSTable2json is trivial. Just look for the
section of the code that writes the data and change what it writes. If
you can make it a knob --nottl then it could be included in Cassandra
core if the project thinks it has global appeal.

Edward