Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dirk Schiesser <di...@cid-online.net> on 2000/09/25 22:20:23 UTC

Performance considerations

Hi,

I just started to test FOP as a servlet in an Allaire JRun environment under
Win 2000 Server. The servlets sends the resulting pdf directly to the
browser without saving it to disk. This architecture is working fine for
smaller pdfs up to 10 pages. Unfortunately one application requires the
conversion of a 2,5 MB FO file to a 140 pages pdf of roughly the same size.
On our machine this rendering takes about a minute which leads to browser
time outs, errors in the acrobat plugin or other kinds of strange behaviour.
So my question is, can anybody provide some numbers to compare the
performance of FOP running under various operating systems or
configurations?

Thanks for your help!
Dirk