Posted to user@ode.apache.org by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 16:05:07 UTC

Can I call Java directly instead of JBI/webservice?

Is there a sraightforward way to make direct calls with Apache ODE instead of
via JBI or via webservice calls?

There are potential usage scenarios where inclusion of ServiceMix is not
desired.

TIA!

Re: Can I call Java directly instead of JBI/webservice?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
As Tammo said, BPEL is designed around the WS stack so that's the model used
for invocation.

This being said, you can do direct in-VM invocation to Java services using
Axis2's local transport, e.g.,

    <wsdl:port name="MyServiceLocalPort" binding="tns:MyServiceSOAP11Binding">
        <soap:address location="local:/processes/MyService"/>
    </wsdl:port>

alex