Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Scott Kurinskas <sc...@gemstone.com> on 2006/09/06 03:40:06 UTC

RE: DataObject/DataGraph Serialization & DataGraphRoot

Hi All,

I thought I'd check-in regarding the status of this request?  Kevin was kind
enough to log jira issue (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-670),
but I'm blocked.  Any chance there is a workaround available?  I'd like to
use the DAS for DB access, but would be willing to map to/from a XSD if that
would eliminate the current problem.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted by Robbie Minshall <my...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like Frank's fix will fix your issue.  It seems like this will be
sending the Type information along with the DataGraph ( good for dynamic env
but perhaps not great if your meta-data is pretty static )

If you write a simple SDO application to perform your current server side
reads then serialize the Types out as an XSD you then have your meta-data
which both the client and the server can have a copy and read in upon
initialization (or when needed) - this would just need to be done once.  For
your real server side application you can then pass in the Type information
to the RDB DAS to avoid needing to dynamically create these types in the
future.  If the client side inits SDO correctly, then reads in the types
defined in your XSD you should be fine.

Perhaps I have missed the point of the problem here - if so please feel free
to yell at me :-)

Robbie

On 9/5/06, Scott Kurinskas <sc...@gemstone.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I thought I'd check-in regarding the status of this request?  Kevin was
> kind
> enough to log jira issue (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-670
> ),
> but I'm blocked.  Any chance there is a workaround available?  I'd like to
> use the DAS for DB access, but would be willing to map to/from a XSD if
> that
> would eliminate the current problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

* * * Charlie * * *
Check out some pics of little Charlie at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/83388211@N00/sets/

* * * Addresss * * *
1914 Overland Drive
Chapel Hill
NC 27517

* * * Number * * *
919-225-1553

Re: DataObject/DataGraph Serialization & DataGraphRoot

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@qwest.net>.
Hi Scott,
Brent just checked in RDB DAS changes to make use of the the new SDO
utility created for TUSCANY-670.
Can you try your app again with these latest changes and let us know how
it goes?
Thanks!
--Kevin

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Scott,

We have an implementation that we're currently testing/debugging. We
should have it finished in the next couple of days.

Frank.

Scott Kurinskas <sc...@gemstone.com> wrote on 09/05/2006
09:40:06 PM: