Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Everitt, Andrew" <An...@gbr.xerox.com> on 2000/06/01 10:23:11 UTC

rmic task always performed?

It seems like the rmic task doesn't check to see if the target .class files
exist, it seems like it always does the rmic regardless. Is this correct? Is
it possible to modify the taskdef so that it does a dependency check? Can
someone point me in the right direction, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andi.
____________________
Andrew Everitt
Xerox Mobile Solutions, Cambridge. UK

Re: rmic task always performed?

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
on 6/1/00 1:23 AM, Everitt, Andrew at Andrew.Everitt@gbr.xerox.com wrote:

> It seems like the rmic task doesn't check to see if the target .class files
> exist, it seems like it always does the rmic regardless. Is this correct? Is
> it possible to modify the taskdef so that it does a dependency check? Can
> someone point me in the right direction, any help would be much appreciated.

Yep. Your right. It's was a quicky hack to do something I needed it to do.
The file that performs it is in org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Rmic (I think
as I'm typing from memory and offline)

.duncan