Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2007/10/25 09:10:42 UTC

[vote] Release Continuum 1.1-beta-4

Hi,

Continuum 1.1-beta-4 is ready for release

The highlights are
  - lot of bug fixes
  - A new page to view the build queue
  - Customization of mail subject

The Release Notes is available there: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10540&fixfor=13727

The binaries are available there:
  - Runtime: http://people.apache.org/builds/maven/continuum/1.1-beta-4/org/apache/maven/continuum/continuum-plexus-runtime/1.1-beta-4/continuum-plexus-runtime-1.1-beta-4-bin.tar.gz
  - Webapp: http://people.apache.org/builds/maven/continuum/1.1-beta-4/org/apache/maven/continuum/continuum-webapp/1.1-beta-4/continuum-webapp-1.1-beta-4.war
  - data management cli: http://people.apache.org/builds/maven/continuum/1.1-beta-4/org/apache/maven/continuum/data-management-cli/1.1-beta-4/data-management-cli-1.1-beta-4-app.jar

Everyone is encouraged to vote and give their feedback.

[ ]  +1  Release it!
[ ]   0
[ ]  -1  Don't release it, because...

The vote will be open for 72 hours. So, cast your votes now ;-)

Here's my +1

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.1-beta-4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

I checked the new license and notice, and checked that it started up
ok from scratch - happy to go ahead with the beta release.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.1-beta-4

Posted by ossi petz <os...@hallo.ms>.
hallo

hell i was soooo close ;p

after beeing proud to first had a look into the wiki before asking
stupid questions i followed the instructions from the link you posted.

works! (tomcat 5.5.25 includes the missing classes)

so +1 from here :)

regards

ossi

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by ossi petz <os...@hallo.ms>.
Hallo

[Result] [vote] Release Continuum 1.1-beta-4

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Below are the results of this vote:

3 Binding Votes (Wendy, Brett, and Myself)
3 Non-binding vote (Olivier, Damien, Ossi)

I'll finalize the release and will send an update.

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Wendy Smoak a écrit :
> On 10/29/07, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
>
>> If possible, I'd like to see more votes for this release from committers/PMC
>
> Sorry, I missed this until Sunday evening.  I'll take a look at it tonight.

Thanks

I sent a message on the dev@ list one week before to start the release ;)

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
If possible, I'd like to see more votes for this release from committers/PMC

Thanks.

Emmanuel

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.
> It's duplicate with CONTINUUM-1492.
> Can you detailled what kind of proxy you use ? (NTLM authentification ?).
Squid, without authentication

> Because as I have explained in CONTINUUM-1492, I have tested this
> successfully with adding -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhost.com,
> -Dhttp.proxyPort=80 (but with auth in the proxy) in the cli.
> Have you try this [1]?

I tried. It was unsucessful.
But DMC still tries to load dependencies from repo1.maven.org only. It
ignores the added staging repository for beta-4 in settings.xml.

So hard to know if it fails because of proxy configuration.

Damien

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.1-beta-4

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
instructions are the same from previous version, replace beta-2 by beta-3 and beta-3 by beta-4 :)

http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-data-management.html

Emmanuel

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Olivier

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.1-beta-4

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Thanks.

Emmanuel

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1
--
Olivier

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Wendy Smoak a écrit :
> On 10/25/07, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
>
>> Continuum 1.1-beta-4 is ready for release
>
> +1 - looks good here, license and notice are in place, I added some m2
> projects and tried a few things.
>
> I don't care for the column title of "Nb Projects" on the summary
> page.  How about "Total"?  And I'd put it on the far right so that it
> reads like an equation:  success + failure + error = total
>
> On the 'Edit' page for the group, the projects are not listed in the
> same order as they are on the summary page.  (This caused me to move
> the wrong project, since I chose the 'first' one, however...)

ok, I'll look at them for 1.1 final

Emmanuel

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.