Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dag Sverre Seljebotn <da...@student.matnat.uio.no> on 2006/12/20 20:33:28 UTC

[1.4] Best way to import existing data into Lenya repo?

We have an existing (home grown) CMS system which we are growing out of,
and are very seriously looking at Lenya. We have some hundred XML pages
which (after running them through some XSLT transforms) must be put in
the Lenya repository.

I suppose this mostly goes for 1.4. If we give up on 1.4 and go for 1.2
then I suppose I can put them directly in the filesystem without having
to change too much in terms of repository indices etc? (Just the one
structure doc?) But in 1.4 it looks slightly worse to work with it at a
filesystem layer.

Is there an import mechanism that is ready to use or should I consider
making something myself? I know about the WebDAV (and JCR?) modules, but
they don't seem to be in a functional state.

Above basic file importing (perhaps with seperate metadata etc.), link
rewriting also comes into it in 1.4 (my current links are in the form
"/section/page", and in 1.4 I would need to do a transform from
human-readable ID to GUID in all links).

Any hints on where I should look for these things welcome (even with
WebDAV working I suppose I must rewrite the links).

--
Dag Sverre Seljebotn

Re: [1.4] Best way to import existing data into Lenya repo?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:

> We have an existing (home grown) CMS system which we are growing out
> of, and are very seriously looking at Lenya. We have some hundred XML
> pages which (after running them through some XSLT transforms) must be
> put in the Lenya repository.
>
> I suppose this mostly goes for 1.4. If we give up on 1.4 and go for
> 1.2 then I suppose I can put them directly in the filesystem without
> having to change too much in terms of repository indices etc?

right

> (Just the one structure doc?) But in 1.4 it looks slightly worse to
> work with it at a filesystem layer.
>
> Is there an import mechanism that is ready to use or should I consider
> making something myself?

you should be able to use the import mechanism as is being used by the
default pub within 1.4

> I know about the WebDAV (and JCR?) modules, but they don't seem to be
> in a functional state.
>
> Above basic file importing (perhaps with seperate metadata etc.), link
> rewriting also comes into it in 1.4 (my current links are in the form
> "/section/page", and in 1.4 I would need to do a transform from
> human-readable ID to GUID in all links).

I am not sure if this is really finished yet (Andreas should be able to
provide an answer ;-)

HTH

Michi

> Any hints on where I should look for these things welcome (even with
> WebDAV working I suppose I must rewrite the links).
>
> --
> Dag Sverre Seljebotn

Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: [1.4] Best way to import existing data into Lenya repo?

Posted by Dag Sverre Seljebotn <da...@student.matnat.uio.no>.
> I suppose this mostly goes for 1.4. If we give up on 1.4 and go for
> 1.2 then I suppose I can put them directly in the filesystem without
> having to change too much in terms of repository indices etc? (Just
> the one structure doc?) But in 1.4 it looks slightly worse to work
> with it at a filesystem layer.
Figured it out myself: I can use the same stuff as the default
publication uses to import "example-contents".

Dag Sverre