Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by ujjwal wahi <w....@gmail.com> on 2015/01/04 12:21:18 UTC

Intoduction - Ujjwal Wahi

Hello Everyone,

I am Ujjwal Wahi, master's student from India.

I love to write code. I know different programming languages like C++,
Python, PHP, Java, C#, Javascript. Worked on several desktop and web
projects. 3 years of experience in Web Development using core PHP.

Big fan of open source from long time but relatively new to open source
contribution.

Would like to work with and learn from you guys.

Using Open Office for last 2-3 years and now I would like to contribute to
this awesome project. Looking forward.

Please guide me further on how to involve in project.

Ujjwal Wahi

Re: Intoduction - Ujjwal Wahi

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 04/01/2015 jan i wrote:
> As you read the modules, please come back to this list if you have any
> questions.

Ujjwal, welcome and these are the modules Jan referred to:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html
There you will find a list of bugs, but send a quick mail to the list
before starting to work on one.

> Remark building AOO the first time, can be a bit scary, but remember we are
> many willing to help you.

Sure, and also remember that we can also use your other set of skills
(web pages) it this is easier for you to setup; for example, we need to
rebuild our current Forum home page (it's just a simple HTML page):
https://forum.openoffice.org/

Well, just take your pick and let us know!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Intoduction - Ujjwal Wahi

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 4 January 2015 at 23:03, ujjwal wahi <w....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to work on some bugs in starting.

that is a good choice, many use simple bugs as a way to get to know the
code.

The modules (documentation) AOO provides actually assumes this.

As you read the modules, please come back to this list if you have any
questions.

Remark building AOO the first time, can be a bit scary, but remember we are
many willing to help you.

have fun !

rgds
jan i.