Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> on 2008/03/27 20:02:47 UTC

trunk install broken?

C:\projects\buildr>rake install
(in C:/projects/buildr)
Please run rake setup to install the Allison RDoc template
Please run rake setup to install the Docter document generation library
rake aborted!
No such file or directory - prince --version
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:2153:in
`raw_load_rakefile'

C:\projects\buildr>rake setup

--
-Shane

Re: trunk install broken?

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>
wrote:

> How about using the RUBY_PLATFORM constant?
>
> def fu_windows?
>      /mswin|mingw|bccwin|wince|emx|java/ =~ RUBY_PLATFORM
> end

Thanks.  I'm using Gem.win_platform? which does the exact same thing, to
handle Windows specific stuff.  I was more interested in the equivalent of
which.

The over grown Rakefile has a lot of tasks that are only necessary for
making releases, some have 3rd party dependencies, and I don't want those to
get in the way of doing things like rake install or rake doc.  There's a few
checks, but they seem to work on Unix and break with a bang on Windows.

So far what I came up with is:

def which(name)
  if Gem.win_platform?
    path = ENV['PATH'].split(File::PATH_SEPARATOR).map { |path|
path.gsub('\\', '/') }.map { |path| "#{path}/#{name}.{exe,bat,com}" }
  else
    path = ENV['PATH'].split(File::PATH_SEPARATOR).map { |path|
"#{path}/#{name}" }
  end
  FileList[path].existing.first
end

You can find it Java is installed by running which('java').  It seems to
work nicely, but I'm not sure how complete it is.

Assaf

Re: trunk install broken?

Posted by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>.

--