Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Agrawal, Vikas IN BLR SISL" <vi...@siemens.com> on 2010/01/04 13:32:33 UTC

Large documents are not uploading.

Hello All,

I am new to Couch DB. I am trying to upload vdi file (Virtual disk Image file) which is an image file of sun virtual box machine. Size of my file is 3.5 GB. When I try to upload this file it starts to upload and nothing is happening after that i.e. uploading is not successful. I tried with 11 Mb file and it is working fine.

I have also changed the values of max_document_size and max_attachment_chunk_size in defauilt.ini file to 17 GB. But still no progress.

I am using Windows, version 0.10.0 of CouchDB.

With Best Regards,
Vikas Kumar Agrawal
Siemens IT Solutions & Services (SIS)
CTDC-TEC
No # 84, Keonics Electronic City
Hosur Road, Bangalore.
Tel.: +91 80 2511 3422
mailto: vikaskumar.agrawal@siemens.com<ma...@siemens.com>
           www.siemens.co.in<http://www.siemens.co.in/>

Re: Large documents are not uploading.

Posted by Prasobh PK <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

   How we can upload files in to couchdb using an html file input field...

Prasobh PK,
Ontash Technologies

Re: Large documents are not uploading.

Posted by Roger Binns <ro...@rogerbinns.com>.

RE: Large documents are not uploading.

Posted by "Agrawal, Vikas IN BLR SISL" <vi...@siemens.com>.
Hello Nicholas,

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know how to increase the limit of browser?

Regards,
Vikas

Posted by Nicholas Orr <ni...@zxgen.net>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Agrawal, Vikas IN BLR SISL
<vi...@siemens.com> wrote:
> Hello Benoit,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have 2 GB RAM. What should be the minimum RAM required to upload such a big file?
>
> Regards,
> Vikas

It's easy to check, try to upload your file via firefox and watch
memory consumption.

- benoît

RE: Large documents are not uploading.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl>.
Hello,

Although RAM may limit some actions i truly doubt that its actually RAM
size that limits the max upload size. It would be incredibly foolish for
a browser developer to 1) load all data in RAM and 2) read RAM contents
to socket. A proper, and i believe modern browser developers use this,
technique is streaming from disk to socket, perhaps using a small
buffered reader.

Cheers,

-
Markus Jelsma          Buyways B.V.
Technisch Architect    Friesestraatweg 215c
http://www.buyways.nl  9743 AD Groningen

Alg. 050-853 6600      KvK  01074105
Tel. 050-853 6620      Fax. 050-3118124
Mob. 06-5025 8350      In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17