Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Kopp <mk...@ftisoft.at> on 2001/06/28 13:43:43 UTC

unresolved external on os390

Hi,

I finally got xerces to build on os390, but I get one single unresolved
external:

FSUM3065 The PRELINK step ended with return code 4.
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL @ST01985 UNRESOLVED.  MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED
FROM
          THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.

Enviroment:
export CXX=c++
export CC=cc
export CXXFLAGS="-Wc,\"SRCMSG,EXPORTALL\" -2 -Wc,\"ARCH(2)\" -Wc,\"TUNE(3)\"
-Wc,\"NOGONUMBER\" -Wc,\"MAXMEM(10000),OPTIMIZE(2),NOTEST\"
-Wc,\"FASTTEMPINC,TEMPINC($XERCESCROOT/src/obj/tempinc)\"
-DXML_USE_NATIVE_TRANSCODER -DXML_USE_INMEM_MESSAGELOADER
-DXML_USE_NETACCESSOR_SOCKET"
export CFLAGS="-2 -Wc,\"CHECKOUT(ALL),EXPORTALL\"
-DXML_USE_NATIVE_TRANSCODER -DXML_USE_INMEM_MESSAGELOADER
-DXML_USE_NETACCESSOR_SOCKET"
export LDFLAGS="-Wl,dll -L. -L/usr/lib "
export MESSAGELOADER=INMEM
export NETACCESSOR=Socket
export TRANSCODER=NATIVE

Can anybody help me

Mike

Michael Kopp
Financial Technologies International, Inc
Development Center Austria
A-4066 Pasching, Plus-Kaufstr.7, P.O. Box 89
Tel +43 (7229) 76656-23. Fax -99, E-mail: mailto:mkopp@ftisoft.at
http://www.ftisoft.at

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any erroneous
transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately
destroy it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message if you are not
the intended recipient.

What is the future more than a fuzzy picture,
which inevitable comes out to be nothing like it.

Re: unresolved external on os390

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Michael,

Did you save the prelinker map?  Refer to the map and see what demangle name
does @ST01985 represent?

Just FYI, IBM has an XML toolkit for z/OS and OS/390 which is code based from
XML4C (i.e. Xerces-C built with ICU).  Binary package is available (you don't
need to build all these yourself).  See
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/xml/ has more details.

Tinny