Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 09:46:16 UTC

Board report...

Don't know how we missed this! OK, some text below for starters:

Wookie

Wookie is a Java server application that allows you to upload and deploy widgets for your applications. Wookie is based on the W3C Widgets specification, but widgets can also be included that use extended APIs such as Google Wave Gadgets and OpenSocial.

Wookie has been incubating since 17th July 2009

Since August 2011:
     * Release 0.9.1 put out for vote
     * Community members attended Apache Hackathon in Amsterdam and linked up with Rave and Poi committers
     * Major patch for oAuth support submitted from community member
     * Published maven artifacts, and demonstrated integrated deployment with Rave
     * "Widget Store" collaboration mentioned in previous report is being developed externally for now, and may be submitted as an incubator proposal at a later stage
     * Identified a security issue, and took advice from security@apache on resolution process

Next steps:
     * Finish 0.9.1 release and move onto a 0.9.2 release
     * Continue to work and liaise with other projects

Issues before graduation:
     * improve our release process
     * build community/expand user base

Signed off by mentor: