Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Carpentier, Nelson" <NC...@icat.com> on 2006/06/13 22:15:04 UTC

and Weblogic

Hi All,

I've signed on to bring a solution.

I've been dealing with the following error message for quite some time
when running <junitreport>:
D:\somedir\build.xml:206: Could not find a valid processor version
implementation from weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistrySAXTransformerFactory

This happens because Weblogic (in their infinite wisdom) need to have
their own weblogic.jar/webservices.jar files polluting the ANT\lib, if
you're gonna use some of their ANT tasks during your build process.
(Believe me, I've got a ticket or three wranglin' with them about
this...)

If you can take the Weblogic JARs out of the ANT\lib, then great!  I
wholly suggest you do it...

But for those of us who cannot do that (specifically in my case because
I am using their <servicegen> task in 8.1SP5), the solution is to
further add other things to your ANT\lib directory.  I not only had to
add the xalan-2.4.1.jar file, but I had to rename it to
"antx-xalan-2.4.1.jar" so that it would end up in the classpath before
the weblogic pollutions.

Now, I am able to run the <junitreport>...  And, I haven't had it create
any other problems for me yet...  (But, oh! How I long for a nice, clean
ANT\lib...)

Good luck!!

- Nelz

Re: and Weblogic

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Carpentier, Nelson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've signed on to bring a solution.
>
> I've been dealing with the following error message for quite some time
> when running <junitreport>:
> D:\somedir\build.xml:206: Could not find a valid processor version
> implementation from weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistrySAXTransformerFactory
>
> This happens because Weblogic (in their infinite wisdom) need to have
> their own weblogic.jar/webservices.jar files polluting the ANT\lib, if
> you're gonna use some of their ANT tasks during your build process.
> (Believe me, I've got a ticket or three wranglin' with them about
> this...)

There is no way you can set up a classpath and use <taskdef> to pull
them in in their own classloader is there?