Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Remo Liechti <re...@swisslog.com> on 2005/10/28 12:44:28 UTC

Logging - I need a concept

Hi all
I have to implement a loging function to my ant scripts, but I really
don't know how to do it...

I got a script like this like the one attached.

In this script I have some echos, do some file deleting, ftp upload and
call three java programs.

The stuff that has to be logged in ONE file SOMWHERE(this location has
to be configurable). I write the things in order like they run in the
script

Who started the script -> username of the windows logged-in user
When did he start the script
Which files have been deleted from which location
The system outputs of the java programs
The echos of the ant script, and the echos of the subscripts proceeded
by the "ant" task.
Which ftp actions proceeded: example: which files have been uploaded to
which location

I read the Listeners & Loggers page in the ant documentation, but didnt
get it how to realise such a logging I need.

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks

Remo

Remo Liechti
--
Swisslog AG
Webereiweg 3

Phone: +41 (0)62 837 43 45
Fax: +41 (0)62 837 44 99
www.swisslog.com
remo.liechti@swisslog.com
------------

About Swisslog
Swisslog is a global provider of integrated logistic solutions
for warehouses, distribution centers and hospitals.
Swisslog's solutions increase their customer's flexibility,
responsiveness and quality of service, while minimizing
logistics costs.

This message may contain legally privileged or confidential
information and is therefore addressed to the named persons only.
The recipient should inform the sender and delete this message,
if he/she is not named as addressee.
The sender disclaims any and all liability for the integrity
and punctuality of this message.
The sender has activated an automatic virus scanning by
Messagelabs, but does not guarantee the virus free
transmission of this message.