Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2004/02/23 18:54:47 UTC

[FYI] Subversion 1.0

Hello all.

Just more of an FYI: Subversion reached 1.0 status.  We had discussed moving
to svn previously but if I remember correctly the main concern was its
pre-1.0 status.  A couple Apache projects already use svn and I imagine all
ASF projects will eventually migrate.

More info:
http://subversion.tigris.org/

Clients:
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653

Re: [FYI] Subversion 1.0

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 24 February 2004 01:54, Farr, Aaron wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Just more of an FYI: Subversion reached 1.0 status.  We had discussed
> moving to svn previously but if I remember correctly the main concern was
> its pre-1.0 status.  A couple Apache projects already use svn and I imagine
> all ASF projects will eventually migrate.

I strongly in favour of waiting... IMHO, we have nothing to loose waiting. CVS
has served me well for 10 years, and a couple of more months won't make a
difference.

Niclas