Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrea Eakin <An...@systemsbiology.org> on 2011/06/14 20:18:51 UTC

query parsing - removes a term

I am trying to do the following type of query:

+text:(was wasp) +pub_date_year:[1991 TO 2011]

When I turn debugQuery=on I find that the parsedquery is only sending in the
+text:(wasp) on parsing, and doesn't use the "was" value.  Why is it
removing one of the terms?

Thanks!
Andrea

Re: query parsing - removes a term

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
Do you use stop word removal on text field?

Dmitry

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Andrea Eakin <
Andrea.Eakin@systemsbiology.org> wrote:

> I am trying to do the following type of query:
>
> +text:(was wasp) +pub_date_year:[1991 TO 2011]
>
> When I turn debugQuery=on I find that the parsedquery is only sending in
> the
> +text:(wasp) on parsing, and doesn't use the "was" value.  Why is it
> removing one of the terms?
>
> Thanks!
> Andrea

Dmitry Kan