Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp> on 2001/04/18 09:47:25 UTC

AxisEngine framework

Hello,

I will provide an Axis framework that enables more than one Axis or remote
references to AxisEngine on a single Java VM.

So far, only one local AxisEngine in an web application is assumed.  This
indicates that it is hard to clearly separate the domain of service entries
registered in the AxisEngine.  I think, however, it is not so good from the
security's and flexibility's point of view.  As for security, it is possible
that a service might be called illegally against user's intention due to the
wrong ACL to the deployed services.  As for flexibility, in the current
implementation the servlet and the engine are tightly coupled in the same
Java VM.

I'm not sure if there is consensus on this idea, so I hope we can discuss on
this.

Anyway, when I complete prototyping at some level, I will commit the code to
the CVS repository.

Regards,
    Ryo Neyama @ IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
    Internet Technology