Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by James liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/17 16:42:28 UTC

tomcat install

tomcat 5.5 win2003,,i can find http://localhost:8080,,it is ok.

i copy solr-nightly.war to "c:\tomcat5.5\webapps\solr.war"

i start tomcat,,it auto generate solr directory in
"c:\tomcat5.5\webapps\solr"

http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/,,,it show me error information:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /admin/_info.jsp:8

5:
6: <%@ page import="java.util.Date" %>
7:
8: <!-- jsp:include page="header.jsp"/ -->
9: <!-- do a verbatim include so we can use the local vars -->
10: <%@include file="header.jsp" %>
11:

and i don't know where i should put example/solr

if i wanna add lucene-analyzers-2.0.0.jar,,,where i put it?

thks.

Re: tomcat install

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
i'd like to hear "I would start by trying to use the CJKAnalyzer as is with
the syntax,described above."

if need tester, call me.

--
regards
jl

Re: tomcat install

Re: tomcat install

Posted by Nick Snels <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

don't give up, your very close to having it work. If you can get CJKAnalyzer
and CJKTokenizer to work in Lucene, you should also be able to get it to
work in Solr. Look at the bright site, at least ant doesn't throw any
errors. And my code isn't going to work, since it really cann't handle
Chinese or Japanese characters. You should have a look at how you did things
in Lucene.

I have went through my archives and I have found that people also have used
something similar to:

<fieldtype name="text" class="solr.TextField">
     <analyzer class="org.apache.lucene.analysis.ja.JapaneseAnalyzer"/>
</fieldtype>

Maybe you can try it this way, and forget about the FilterFactories. Let me
know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Nick

Re: tomcat install

Re: tomcat install

Posted by Nick Snels <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

now you should make a FilterFactory, there are a few examples in
c:\solr-nightly\src\java\org\apache\solr\analysis . You should also place
your FilterFactory in this directory and rerun 'ant dist'. I have made a
DutchStemFilterFactory class and this is the code:

package org.apache.solr.analysis;

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenStream;
import org.apache.lucene.analysis.nl.DutchStemFilter;

import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Map;
import java.io.File;

public class DutchStemFilterFactory extends BaseTokenFilterFactory {
  private Map stemdict = new HashMap();

  public TokenStream create(TokenStream input) {
    File file = new File(org.apache.solr.core.Config.getInstanceDir() +
"conf/stems.txt");
    stemdict = org.apache.lucene.analysis.nl.WordlistLoader.getStemDict
(file);

    /*org.apache.lucene.analysis.nl.DutchStemFilter.setStemDictionary
(stemdict);*/

    return new DutchStemFilter(input, null, stemdict);
  }
}

Then I could change text_lu in schema.xml to:

<fieldtype name="text_lu" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
        <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.StandardFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" words="dutch-stopwords.txt"
ignoreCase="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.DutchStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
</fieldtype>

Notice how DutchStemFilterFactory gets called. Hope that solves your
problem.

Re: tomcat install

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: tomcat install

Posted by Nick Snels <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

I also needed the DutchAnalyzer from Lucene in my Solr project. I did it the
following way. Which is probably the hard way, because my Java knowledge
isn't that great.

1. I unzipped the solr-nightly build
2. I downloaded the latest code from lucene, preferrably from svn :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/ and all necessary analyzers from
the lucene sandbox
3. I put it into c:\solr-nightly\src\java\org\apache\lucene
4. I installed ant (unzip it and add ANT_HOME to your path)
5. than open a DOS prompt and go to c:\solr-nightly and run 'ant dist', this
makes a new solr-1.0.war file in c:\solr-nightly\dist. That war file
contains also the lucene code along with your analyzers

This is how I did it, don't know if this is the right or the easiest way to

Re: tomcat install

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Re: tomcat install

[...]