Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Vladimir Ralev <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/22 19:17:56 UTC

Compaction of views deletes the indices?

Hi guys,

I am experimenting with compaction ops. In a large DB with many big views a
compaction renders the DB unusable for almost 10 hours or so while I force
each view to be loaded by a script. Mass indexing completely overwhelms the
system.

Is there some way to do compaction without losing the view indices? The way
I understand it indexing and compaction should be completely separate.

Re: Compaction of views deletes the indices?

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Ah, you didn’t say this was not CouchDB. BigCouch does not have that fix.

Verify that you have truly raised file descriptor limit by looking at /proc/`pidof beam.smp`/limits on all nodes.

1,000’s of compactions at once is unlikely to ever work, you’ll need to manage a smaller load than that. BigCouch, like CouchDB, runs compaction at the same priority as other tasks.

B.

Posted by Vladimir Ralev <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.